Every home has dust mites. You can’t see them but they are there. They feed on our skin flakes, of which we shed about two pounds each year. We spend about a third of our lives in bed so most dust mites are in our pillows, bedding and bed- room carpets. You can control them by keeping bedding clean. Dust mites are a trigger for people with allergies and asthma.
Use special mite-proof covers to keep dust mites from getting into pillows. They are sometimes called “allergen impermeable”. If you don’t use covers, wash pillows at least 4 times a year and replace them every year.
Mattresses should be cleaned every six months by a professional cleaner using a foam and extraction method to reduce allergens. A professional cleaner can also apply a neutralizing spray to reduce allergen irritants between regular cleaning. Regular cleaning of carpets, upholstery and mattresses should be part of your allergen control plan. Call Arrow Carpet Cleaning Today @ ( 813 ) 401-2433
Warmth + Moisture + Skin = Dust Mites
- Wash sheets weekly in hot water. Treat once a month with an anti-allergen rinse.
- Wash pillows at least 4 times a year (unless you use a mite proof cover).
- Wash blankets and comforters at least monthly.
- Professionally clean mattresses at least every six months.
- Use room air filter devices.
- Our Service Areas Include– Apollo Beach, Brandon, Riverview, Tampa, New Tampa, Plant City, Seffner, Ruskin, Sun City Center, Dover, Gibsonton, Lithia, Valrico, Wimauma, Thonotosassa, Wesley Chapel, Parrish, Palmetto and more. Call for verification. ( 813 ) 401-2433